I’m sorry. I went on a mean-streak at the beginning of the blog and posted quality content for you Monday-Friday for a couple of weeks. This probably led you to believe that pure, unadulterated awesomeness would be posted at such a consistent rate. So what’s been going on the past couple of days? No new content…are you going to leave us hanging on our quests to create a micro business?
The answer is simply, no. I’m as committed to helping you start and grow a successful micro business as you are to making that dream a reality.
So what’s my explanation for this brief hiatus? I’m human and life is crazy sometimes…well, most of the time.
Allow me to give you a brief over-view of what’s been going on lately.
- A dream of mine was absolutely crushed. I’ve been in contact with a school in Chicago for over 2 years to move up there and play soccer for them. I received a soccer scholarship offer and well…it wasn’t exactly enough to make me go up there. I don’t want to get into a heated debate about higher education, but a degree isn’t my answer to being able to live a successful life. It isn’t worth going into a huge amount of student loans just to play college soccer to me. So instead of moving up there and changing my life completely, I re-enrolled into the local college I’ve been going to. I should have my AA, which doesn’t mean much to the corporate world, after the next semester is over. Due to lovely financial aid being lovely, I should get some grants so in a way, I’ll be paid to go to school.
- People disappoint me. They do say that friends come and go, right? Well what if that friend is someone who you thought you’d be friends with for the rest of your life? The friend who would be the best man at your wedding? Well that’s basically what’s been going on. My best friend has turned out to be more talk than action. It sucks but things like this happen. It takes some time to get over it though.
- While I am a student, advise others in their businesses, and started this blog, it’s not enough for me to live off of at the moment so I’ve been looking for alternative sources of income. I was able to find one recently which was delivering newspapers. It’s not the most glamorous job in the world and the hours absolutely suck. It’s taken a while to get used to my new sleep cycle. Lately I’ve been sleeping from 7 pm-2 am. I’m still getting adjusted to it. I’m not the most creative or motivated when I’m sleep-deprived.
- I’ve been looking for jobs that have more “conventional” work hours but haven’t had much luck. So far, I’m not qualified become a server or make burritos but the search continues…
- I’ve come up with ways to create more value for you guys. A lot of reflecting and meditation has been going on. I’ve made some great breakthroughs and have decided to get rid of some things or change them around.
- I’m getting back in shape. Because of my new work/sleep schedule, I have time from 6-8 am to exercise. Lately, I’ve been going on long bike rides which I used to do when I was training to play pro soccer. It’s nice to be outside while its getting light out.
- I’ve enjoyed the city I live in a lot more. I was pretty set on leaving in a couple of months so I tried to keep busy with that thought. I shut myself off to new opportunities and relationship possibilities because I didn’t want anything to hold me back. Well since I’m not going to Chicago anymore, I’ve “allowed” myself to be open to new people and experiences. I went to the Saturday Morning Market and have met some pretty cool people lately.
- My dad and I have brainstormed some pretty cool ideas that we’re going to add to our business.
- I’m still an avid soccer player and my team, the United Serbs, won the Division One Championship game on Sunday, 2-0! Below is a picture of the team and I’m in the top row, all the way to the right.
- But perhaps the most exciting thing that I’m working on, is a guide that will show you step-by-step, how you can start and grow your micro business! I’ve literally spent years growing our family micro business so it’ll show you what to do, how to do it, and perhaps most importantly, what not to do! This guide will allow you to start and grow your business at your own pace, you won’t have to wait for me to post new content, and I’ll be able serve you as your micro business consultant if you have any questions or need help on anything specifically. I’m hoping to have the guide completed in 4-5 months and I’ll give you updates from time to time!
Because of all these things going on, I won’t be able to create quality content Monday-Friday anymore. But what I can guarantee is that high-quality content will be posted at least once a week!
I hope you can accept my apology and that we can continue to be friends.
The Micro Business Kid